The Church of Saint Michael & Saint John was built in the period 1898 to 1899. The bell tower was raised a few years later, to its current height. The new Church replaced a small chapel which had been used for a number of years. The Church contains stained glass windows by artists Harry Clare (1925) and Evie Hone (1952). At the Church entrance is a large ‘bullaun stone’ which is reported to have been brought from the Medieval Church at Modreeny. This piece now acts as a Holy Water font. The Harry Clarke east window underwent restoration along with some major renovations of the building, including a new roof between 1993 to 1994.