This photo is of a gathering on the summit of Knockshegowna. The Gleeson family owned the area at the time. A small castle was built on the hill in the late 18th or early 19th century. The castle was used as a summer house and in 1856 was replaced by a watchtower. This tower is recorded as being destroyed in the Big Wind of 1903. Traces of these buildings remain as overgrown foundations. An old road can be seen running along the high slopes of Knockshegowna. This was one of the routes connecting Munster and Connaught.