The Baker family used to live in the house which we bought and converted to residential. It had been a big business including a Post Office, Grocers and a Bus Company. This plaque was found in the house during renovations. Cloughjordan was a big market town in the nineteenth century. It grew even bigger when the railway arrived in 1864. People were brought from all the hinterlands into town on buses and trains to avail of the facilities we had here.