Tax Relief on Your Charitable Donation is offered to Irish tax payers on donations totalling €250 per annum (see below).
Donate now to support our mission to collect, safeguard, exhibit and interpret material associated with Thomas MacDonagh, his family, his activities, his times and his legacy.
The Thomas MacDonagh Museum has charitable status and is run by a team of volunteers. Your contribution makes a huge difference. No matter the size, your kind donations help to keep our Museum open and free to the public.
Via Xelda QR Code
- Open camera or QR code scanner
- Scan QR Code
- Click on link
- Choose donation
- Pay with Apple Pay, Google Pay or Card
Tax Relief on Your Charitable Donation
The Government approved Charitable Donation Scheme allows charities like Thomas MacDonagh Museum to claim 31% in tax back on donations.
HOW IT WORKS:
- You can, as an Irish tax payer, donate €250 or more to the MacDonagh Museum in one calendar year, or alternatively donate €21 per month.
- We can, as a registered Charity, claim 31% in tax relief under the Charitable Donation Scheme.
- For example, if you donate €250, after tax rebate is applied, the total value to MacDonagh Museum is €362.
- The tax rate is 31% meaning the donation of €250 is 69% of the total donation.
- To calculate the relief the total donation is grossed up as follows (€250/69)X100 = €362.32.
- The refund amount that can be claimed by the Museum is €112.32.
- Donors can help us to claim tax relief by completing a CHY3 or CHY4 certificate.
- For more information on the Charity Tax Back Scheme, see: Charitable Donation Scheme Overview
Buy a Souvenir
Explore our unique range of Thomas MacDonagh Museum merchandise and pick up a souvenir of your visit to the Museum, whether in-person or online. We sell a selection of greeting cards, specialist books and artworks inspired by our unique collection of Thomas MacDonagh and Cloughjordan related memorabilia.
Leave a Gift in Your Will
Leaving a gift in your Will to the Thomas MacDonagh Museum will help safeguard the conservation of the unique collection of material associated with Thomas MacDonagh.
Your legacy will also enable us to plan for the long-term funding of our programmes. With your permission, we will acknowledge your legacy in our Annual Report and on our website.
- After family and friends are looked after, leaving a gift to charity in your will is a wonderful way to support a favourite charity or cause in the future.
- That’s why, if you leave some money in your will for charity as well as your family, you can make a huge difference.
- A legacy gift can be large or small and is tax-free.
- Our solicitor will give you expert guidance and advice about making or amending a will.
- To express your interest in leaving a legacy gift, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Thomas MacDonagh Museum is a registered charity CHY No. 22115 and was awarded Museum status by the Heritage Council in 2021.